Thursday, October 17, 2013

Preschool Orientation Day

My brain cannot comprehend how fast Liam has been growing up lately.  He turns four this month!  If there ever was anyone ready for preschool at birth, it was Liam.  He has been looking forward to this for so long; it's fun to hear about his days when I pick him up on Mondays and Wednesdays.  




As summer camps, slip-n-slides and summer sports came to a close, new Shining Stars preschool students got a feel for the daily routine at Orientation on August 28.  Most had no trouble getting right down to business!  Parents were invited to stay for all or part of the day (I stayed for half), but as for Liam, he couldn't have cared less had I stayed or gone.  He was happy to be there.  





We love Ms. B (Carol Beal).  I used to work with her husband, Dirk, at Deer Valley back in 2006-2007, so I knew she came from good people.  Liam loves her.  



Leave home germs at home; school germs at school...










I noticed that one of the first activities Liam chose to do during free-choice/ discovery time was to dress up like a doctor and offer free examinations to the girls.  (He's no dummie!)   He quickly found a friend in Olivia, who was more than willing to play along.  Liam asked if he could give her a shot, she agreed and then he told her, "Good job; you were very brave!"  Cutest thing I have ever seen.  Ever.  







This is Anabelle.  She is Australian.  Liam told me he's going to marry her when he grows up.



Liam loved seeing his picture on the bulletin board; he felt a sense of belonging.  



"Liam, Liam, if you're there, raise your hands up in the air!"



Liam's got the corner office cubby.  


Aiden is totally jealous of Liam's situation.  He's like, "Wait, you're telling me that there is a ROOM full of toys that I CANNOT play with?  Messed up."  


I'm so proud of my little buddy!  Orientation Day prepared him for the official start of school the following week, but I really think he was prepared long before then.  He is a social creature who loves learning in all its forms.  I hope that he is in an environment where he is able to thrive and blossom and find JOY in school.  I expect his teachers to foster his creativity, individuality, intelligence, work ethic and spirit.  



I'm digging getting this little munchkin all to myself for several hours on Mondays and Wednesdays.  He's heaven in a hand basket.  


1 comment:

Papa John said...

Good for Liam in Shining Stars...I would also like to see all the things that Mom looks forward to seeing from Liam this year. For me, I would like to see "team-building" skills come out of this experience. It is a wonderful school with FIVE grandchildren already graduated from Shining Stars...and that is one special graduation ceremony too!