Saturday, October 5, 2013

42

No, I'm not talking about a Coldplay song.  Our Weston turned 42 on August 24th!  Can you find the number 42 on this cake?  

 

In anticipation of the big day, my dad and I embarked on a woodworking project.  I knew this would be Wes's favorite gift to date.  I know my husband well.  


I used heavy machinery and even kept all of my appendages.  


My dad taught me all kinds of tricks.  I still can't drill straight and I think it's because my equilibrium is off, or maybe my dad is a perfectionist...


This was such a fun daddy-daughter project!  I'm glad he was willing...  And I'm glad Grammy was willing to keep the boys entertained while we worked.  Have you figured out what we made?  




I threw together a little friends party for Wes, complete with his very own scavenger hunt for the big reveal.  






I thought brats would be an appropriate, manly, 42-year old meal. 



Liam was anxious to break into the Costco cake.  (I figured making Wes's present excused me from baking a real cake.  Plus, I haven't mastered high-altitude baking.)    



Let's see if you can figure out the scavenger hunt clues!  
Clue 1: I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul.  
Clue 2: What starts with a T, ends with a T, and has "T" in it?  (We were trying to get the kids involved, but at this point, my mom excitedly yelled, "A teapot!!!" Thanks a lot, Mom :-)


Clue 3: What gets wetter as it dries?
Clue 4: If you drop me I'm sure to crack, but give me a smile and I'll always smile back.



Clue 5: I have an end but no beginning, a home but no family, a space without room.  I never speak, but there is no word I cannot make.  (No one got this one.)  



Clue 6: I ask no questions but receive lots of answers.
Clue 7: I breathe oxygen, but I have no mouth.  I can move fast, but do not have a body.  If given a drink, I will surely die.  





Clue 8: If you should choose to forego your individual rooms, use this clue to get to the fantasy suite...(If you get the reference, then we are true friends.  I have just always wanted to write that on a card.)  


And the Final Clue: I am always below.  I am never above.  Go here in the hot summer, but bring a hat and gloves.  


Voila!  Cornhole!  Wes's response?  "Best.  Present.  Ever." 







Happy, happy birthday to my one and only!  You don't look a day older than 39 and you keep getting better with age, like really stinky cheese.  :-)  We love you!  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best 42nd Birthday ever, babe! Thanks so much and I love you.