Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mid-Mountain Trail in September

I will never get over how blessed we are to live steps away from some of the most beautiful hiking in the world.  Back in July, I vowed to go on one hike a week for the rest of the summer and fall.  Well, life and sicknesses got the best of us this year and I think we only went on a handful of hikes total.  Utter fail.  Next year!  




Fatherhood.  This picture needs no other caption.  





I'm glad we caught the mid-mountain when the leaves were still in all of their glory.  Nothing beats it.  



Liam does a FANTASTIC Tarzan yell.  Ask him to demonstrate sometime.  I'm sure he'll oblige.  



This doesn't look real.  




Aiden loves to follow his big brother.  I imagine them on this same trail together in ten years, just a little taller.  










Liam picks wild flowers for his Mamma, and I prize them even more than two dozen store-bought roses.  



"I blow the dandelion seeds into the air," says Nicholas the Bunny.




It's a long trek for a preschooler and toddler, but my little guys are hiking champs!  It's by far one of my favorite activities.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also love it, but after carrying both boys, my body disagrees.