Thursday, December 26, 2013

Overpriced Park City Photography

This is why I need my dream camera, folks (Santa, it's the Nikon Df, FYI).  I have been kicking myself for my decision to pay $135 for a "professional" to take Liam's preschool photos (sibling included at extra cost).  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE some of these shots (mostly because the subjects are drop-dead-gorgeous.)  But I just don't feel that this chic's talent level is $135 better than mine, and it certainly isn't the caliber of photography advertised on her website!  How could she possibly have enough time to be her most creative when she has twenty other preschoolers to shoot?  



I was tortured by the choice between giving up the opportunity to have the Shining Stars designated photographer take them, or just doing my own photo shoot.  In the end, I considered the fact that we have NEVER done pro photos (and they MUST be worth what they're asking, right?!) and that I wanted so badly to capture the intensity of Liam and Aiden's cuteness at this stage.  



It turns out that going to a photo shoot on a day your toddler is suffering from teething pain is NOT a great idea.  This is literally the ONLY picture of the two boys together where they don't look like they're killing each other (hence, our Christmas card this year…at the end of this post:)  



I'm just saying, I would've been happy to pay $50-75 for these TEN photos, but I resent the fact that photographers in Park City think that just because we live in this hoity-toity town does NOT make us rich folk.  After the first ten photos, she charges $20/photo after that!  It's like she's holding my family's moments hostage!  I'm paying her for her tools and talent, not to be a print shop!  Okay, enough raging.  My boys are darling.  





Let me know if you would like any of these full-size images to print.  Let's get as much use as possible out of them.  Oh, and Merry frickin' Christmas!


No comments: