Thursday, December 19, 2013

Four

"You're beautiful, Mamma."  "Thank you for making me lunch, Mamma!"  "I love you SO much."  Whoever said being a mother is somewhat of a thankless job didn't have a Liam as their son.  I have a very special four year old who melts me daily.  I'm so proud of the boy he's becoming and I'm floored that we just celebrated his fourth birthday.  I am in awe of him.  




Many thanks to Grammy and Papa who hosted a wonderful birthday party for my boy as I was in the midst of my first concert weekend with the Salt Lake Choral Artists and had zero time to party plan!  Complete with a piñata (Liam pronounces it with a perfect Spanish accent) and Pin-the-Nose-on-the-Jack-O'lantern.  You're the best!!






I can tell you with certainty that this skull would've given me nightmares at four years old.  Liam is a brave boy.  I suppose you can't be a knight without bravery!  


Yes, and this one too.


My mom is festive, haven't you heard?  I love it.




I couldn't decide whether Aiden should be a little monster or a Jack O'lantern for Halloween this year, so we did a little bit of both.  When you end up having 5-10 Halloween-related events, why not mix things up a bit?  






A highlight of the evening.  Aiden was the only one who didn't have to wear the blindfold…until Liam's last turn (only because it was his birthday.) 






SO much fun!  




Look at this face!  That is pure joy.  100%.



I love that Aiden gets the nose on the Jack O'lantern's chin without a blindfold…we need to work on faces.



Liam, Lucy, Papa and Grammy made caramel apples this year.  They're SO easy (after the few hours it takes to melt the caramel!) 



Boring/educational gifts go first.  I have to say, this MoonJar has been a success with Liam.  He gets a couple of dollars for allowance every week and loves distributing his money into the Save, Share and Spend sections of his new bank.  He puts most of his money in the Share jar.  He has such a sweet little heart.  


Enough of that.  Check out his reaction to the Hexbugs set!  (Thank you, eBay!)


I have mastered the Texas Chocolate Cake at high-altitudes.  This is quite an accomplishment because anyone who knows me knows that I DO NOT BAKE at 9,000 feet.  I am not the Pinterest cupcake go-to-girl.  The Texas Chocolate is flat enough that I don't have to worry too much about the giant dip in the middle.  So, for every future birthday for as long as I live in Park City, you'll be seeing this cake.  Hope you like it, folks.  


And Liam enjoyed a chunk of his #4 candle as well!  Yummy…wax.  He thought it was candy.  





For Liam's 4th Birthday, Part II with the Charles side of the family, we got a little creative with the cake…Yes, that is a taper stuck in a piece of bread.  The cake part was delicious, baked with love by Weston (the only real baker in my family). 


This is one lucky boy…two parties in one week!  (Not including the party at preschool.)  I think he's getting used to it.  





I know this one enjoys a good party.  Never one to turn down ice cream and cake.  



Thanks everyone for the generous gifts!  Liam has played the heck out of his new Stomp Rocket, worn his new Size 4 husky pants to death and is a BIG fan of candy cereal now (thanks a LOT, Aunty Tracie :-).




I have a hard time being around this little party girl and not squeezing the living daylights out of her.  She is scrumptious.  SOOOO big!  


And this one too, if I can catch him!





Happy, happy birthday, sweet Liam!  We love you more than the moon and the stars.  




It's tough being four, you guys.  So much responsibility.  So little power.  

1 comment:

Tracie said...

What a darling post, and a beloved boy.