Thursday, October 18, 2012

San Diego Family Adventure: Day 4

Aiden had his six month birthday on this trip, so we celebrated by giving him his first taste of rice cereal.  Yup, he's a fan.  Big boy!  




Later that day, we went to SeaWorld because what trip to San Diego is complete without a visit to SeaWorld?  I'll tell you what, I can live without it.  I don't think they've changed one thing since I was last there in 1986.  Even the music was stuck in the 80s.  Hilarious.  And all of the art reminded me of that Lisa Frank stuff every girl in elementary school had (except me).  Okay, the animals were pretty cool.  And seeing Liam see the animals was also neat.  My favorite was the walrus.  No, the beluga whale nursing its baby!  Amazing.




I felt oddly connected to this beluga mother.  Kindred spirits, we are.  





During the Shamu show, I couldn't get Free Willy out of my head and the story about that trainer that got killed recently by an orca.  The theme of the show was "One World," and they played the hokiest music I've ever heard (took me back to my days in Harmony Express in high school).  You should ask Wes and me to reenact the theme song...If it weren't totally offensive, I'd write it down for you.






Aiden went to the Shamu show!  See?  He was there.  RIVETED.





This is proof that I absolutely CANNOT make a normal face when feeding my children.  I've tried.  How ugly is that?


This face cracks me up.  He wasn't used to cold water and he let us know how he felt about it.



It looks like Shamu is about to eat Wes's huge head.  It would probably be like an M&M to Shamu.  Look at that cute family!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My lady friend should have majored in interpetive dance instead of political science.