Sunday, October 14, 2012

San Diego Family Adventure: Day 2

Day 2 started off lazily, as any vacation day should.  We settled into our hotel and planned out the week's activities.  Mission #1: get a haircut.  I had been eying the long-layered bob (LLB) for weeks and decided San Diego was a better bet to take the plunge than Utah.  My stylist here does okay at the long-layers but I wouldn't trust her to do anything too drastic.  So, we called around and ended up at Fashion Valley Mall with an incredibly talented master stylist.  




Before...(Say goodbye to the long locks...sorry, Weston!)  


After!  I have to say, this might be one of my favorite cuts ever.  I feel refreshed!  It's SO much easier to  take care of as a busy mamma.  




Aiden likes it!


Our next stop was Extraordinary Desserts in Little Italy.  It was my second time back after having first experienced it with Anne and my friend Brian back in 2007.  I had been dreaming about it ever since, and was excited to go with my little family and parents.  The desserts really are...extraordinary.  This is a must-go if you're ever in the San Diego area.





I feel like poor Aiden knew what he was missing.  "What're you guys keeping from me??"  



Wes's dessert...


My dessert...(mine was better.)




Later that evening, we hung out on the rooftop of the lodge.  It was a misty, grey evening, and we enjoyed spending some quality time together as a family.



And as per tradition, Aiden spit up on his dadda.  




"Phew.  Vacation is exhausting."






I remember in this moment feeling so blessed.  How did I get so lucky to have two, beautiful, darling boys?  I have crushes on both of them.  You too, Weston :-)



No comments: