Monday, August 6, 2012

Hike from Hades

What made the Charles and Jackson families think it was a great idea to hike up a mountain with a 1-month old, 3-month old and two toddlers in June?  I'm not sure, but there's a reason they call it "baby steps" and we did NOT take them.    The guys may accuse me of exaggerating, but this hike was at least three miles of VERTICAL.  I kid you not.  And Molly was at least two weeks short of getting cleared for exercise at her 6-week appointment.  And did I mention it was hot?  It was.   Possibly the hottest day of the summer up to that point.  But we are warriors!  That's right, good pioneer stock.  


I love living steps away from amazing hiking.  I am a mountain girl, tru and tru.  The kids seemed to handle this particular outing much better than the adults...and Aiden got a nice nap out of it!



We love having adventures with these guys...



Ironically, the "are-we-there-yets" came more from Molly and me than Liam and Peter, but we finally made it to the mid-mountain chair-lift.  Whew!  And Zoe got to come out of her cocoon.  


Liam and Peter were such little troupers.  Peter basically ran up and down the mountain, with Liam trailing behind him and tripping every other step.  I have never seen him dirtier (and cuter?).  42 pounds of darling.  




1 comment:

Papa John said...

Goota love the hat...