Monday, August 20, 2012

Baby Gymnastics

While Wes was on a work trip in Walnut Creek, we reached a couple of milestones on the home front.  The boys and I were hanging out at Monkey Mountain on August 17 when all of a sudden, Aiden decided to show off his gymnast skills and turned over for the very first time!  I assumed that he would learn the front to back method that Liam mastered at five months, but this guy has a different approach.  It is caled the 5-Step Roly-Poly Process.  


Step 1: While on back, enjoy books and toys Mamma has laid out for me. 


Step 2:  Realize that it's better to play and read while lying on side.  Better access to the goods.  Tip: Sucking thumb increases concentration.



Step 3:  Use core muscles to twist myself onto tummy because hey, why not?  Give Mamma a big, proud smile.  


Step 4: Reevaluate assumed position.  Wait, I don't like tummy time.  What the heck?  Mamma, help!  I'm stuck!!  


Step 5:  Take a nap.  That was hard work.  


It must've been all of the Olympics we have been watching.  Great job, little one!  Next step is sitting up...Let me just say that it is CRAZY that he is five months old already.  Warp speed.  This little man is heaven on earth.   


1 comment:

Papa John said...

Rach, nice little sequence you put together...Firsts are so much fun to see.