Thursday, August 30, 2012

Forty-One Bottles of Beer on the Wall

Minus the beer, of course.  This past weekend, we celebrated the forty-first anniversary of Wes's birth. Wes spent most of Friday laying our new sod with a slew of generous friends and family.   Meanwhile, I put together a little shindig complete with steak dinner, Cookie-dough Delirium Cold Stone cake, a new wallet, two games, and pull-up bar and of course, friends.  Wes especially appreciated my card to him which said, "It's your birthday and quite honestly, you've never looked better.  Well, obviously you looked better a few years ago, but what can you do."  Nothing that a pull-up bar can't fix, right honey?  












The next morning, I planned a little birthday date to the Olympic Park, courtesy of Groupon.  We were able to do the Alpine Slide and Extreme Zipline and it was a blast!   We live in a cool place.  












The festivities continued on Sunday at Tracie's house, who hosted a birthday dinner for Wes and her mom.  I wasn't able to attend, but I'm pretty sure Wes knows that I love him to pieces and I'm glad he has a whole bunch of other people that love him too.  Happy Birthday, babe!  

No comments: