Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flying Photo School- Week 2

In Week 2, I learned how to shoot in S Mode (shutter-speed priority mode.)  For the first half of the week, nearly all of my indoor pictures in this mode came out almost entirely black.  Very frustrating.  I had some success at the Discovery Gateway, where we celebrated Kaden Olson's 3rd birthday.  I can't wait to experiment with this mode more outside when it's a little less bone-chilling!  


I also brushed up on Program mode for practice.  






S-Mode action shot!  Balloon badminton.


Slower shutter speed than I wanted because of little available light, but it still came out okay...


Party time!  I had a hard time with auto-focus shooting in the advanced modes...





I was loving the natural light in these three as Aiden played the longboard xylophone thingy.




S-Mode attempt #537.  Can't see the ball he's throwing.  This was typical of my Week 2 S-Mode shots.   



These needed a point of reference; something stationary on the ground to show the difference in height.



The lady behind the lens.



The pint-sized grocery store was my favorite part of Discovery Gateway.  I swear this would've been a dreamland for me as a little girl!  They didn't have stuff like this on any of the military bases I lived on...






We love our sweet new friends, the Olsons!  Dana and I have a ton in common, including that our children are the same ages.  This makes for frequent fun play dates.  




Liam found two activities that garnered his undivided attention: 1) the conveyor belt at the grocery store and 2) the ball suction thing.  COULD NOT tear him away. 












We capped off the day at an Italian place for lunch and then headed home.  I left feeling unfulfilled regarding my S-mode practice.  




Mr. Moose says, "Practice makes perfect."  

No comments: