Thursday, June 26, 2014

What are We Paying You For?!

Every time I co-op, I return home exhausted beyond comprehension.  I do not envy Liam's teachers' job, but I do appreciate them more than I can express.  Considering the high cost of preschool in Park City, I do wonder why I signed up to pay $165/month to clean bathrooms, dress twenty-two three and four year olds in full winter gear (two nearly kills me every time) and basically be an assistant teacher once a month.  Wes and I have actually said the words "What are we paying them for?!"  

Well, I don't regret it.  I got to witness Liam's development this year.  I got to see him interact with kids he loves and some he loves a little less, and watched him bloom.  I was a fly on the wall when he learned to overcome the challenges of sharing and taking turns, of being the leader and giving others a chance to lead.  This has been good for him.  I have been considering homeschooling for some time, but when I think about what he would be missing by not having these types of social experiences at school, I'm just not there yet.  Liam is a social creature.  He thrives among people.  I am so proud of that boy!  (And I made some of my closest friends in the process.)  We'll see how things go when he gets to the big bad public school year after next.  For now, enjoy some photos from my April 9th co-op day.  











No comments: