Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Living Planet

On April 8th, the boys, my mom and I ventured south to Draper to visit the new, recently-relocated Living Planet Aquarium.  The facility is huge; I'm sure a boatload of money went in to this project.  And while the new digs were impressive, we felt that they opened a bit prematurely as many of the exhibits were missing, including the Giant Pacific Octopus.  For this reason, they gave everyone who visited back then passes to come again for free before the end of August.  We'll definitely be back!  I'm loving the pictures I got from the visit; the lighting and colors made for some interesting shots.





"Are da fishies nigh-night?"




I asked Liam what his favorite part of the visit was and he replied "the rope bridge."  At the aquarium.  Go figure.  










The penguins were worth every penny.  I wanted to take one home.  It's cold enough in Park City most of the year! 


Liam connects spiritually with a penguin.  

















The baby sting rays were a little shy because they were acclimating to their new home.  We have been promised more ray petting in August.  











The boys could've stayed here all day.  







A little lunch, and our adventure concluded.  Thanks for tagging along, Grammy!  




No comments: