Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Terrible Twos

It's a good thing this little nugget is cute.  It's really the only reason he survives...  


Because ever since his 2nd birthday, things have been like this


He has no idea he is half Liam's size.  To be exact, he weighs in at 30.8 pounds (85th%), 35'' tall (70th%), and a head circumference of 19.8'' (92nd%).  What he lacks in stature, he makes up for in confidence.  Aiden literally means, "little fire" after all.  Is it too late to rethink his name?!  Self-fulfilling prophesy much?  



We celebrated Aiden's 2nd birthday the way we do best…with a huge family party at our place, Irish-themed, of course.  






When I'm not locking myself in the pantry, binging on readily-accessible carbs to escape from the incessant screaming, I'm smothering this little midget in kisses and snuggles, which he gives freely.  I have a total crush on him.  Whoever thought I'd have a blond, blue-eyed boy?  His voice melts me to the core.  Those perfect lips, cleft chin and kissable cheeks!  I can't get enough.  He is playful, empathetic, considerate, adventurous, a team-player, and headstrong.  And yes, I can see all of this at two years.  












I made our typical St. Patrick's Day fare, with the addition of an Elmo fruit/veggie platter, followed by Costco's very own carrot cupcakes.  (I try to avoid dessert-making while on paleo.  Pretty sure Costco baked goods beat mine any day anyway.)





Aiden says the sweetest prayers (with help.)  He is always adamant that he wants to say it, but then suffers from a bit of stage-fright when the time comes.  







I nearly divorce Wes every March when he grows this hideous March-Madness mustache.  It lasts as long as BYU lasts in the tournament.  Honestly, is he TRYING to give me a reason to root against his team? 




More partying to come…stay tuned! 

No comments: