Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rawson Family Ski Day

Dad may or may not have just finished his final season working at Deer Valley (2nd retirement?), so on March 14th the Rawsons had one last skiing hoorah.  And it was glorious!  



Liam, ready for the hill.  


He can't get enough of those rainbows!  And I can't get enough of his Second Coming arms positioning.  



Uh-oh...watch out for that fence!


Fail.


Daddy to the rescue!  



I swear, kids are made out of rubber.  If I put my legs like that, I would destroy my knees.  




I'm so proud that my Mamma got out on the mountain!  I don't think she had skied since the late nineties in Germany.  (She doesn't like the "slipping" sensation.)  She rocked Wide West!













Bret and I had fun trying to push each other off of the lift and "racing" down the bunny hill.  




Liam will accept no other instructor but his Papa.  Only the best for my Liam!    




Wes came for a little while in the morning, but had to get back to the ole' job.  


Proof that I think I have better form than I actually do.  My dad likes to tell me, "Rachael, you go faster than you can!"  But I like to feel the wind in my face!  










I hope we can still somehow do family ski days even if dad isn't working.  I haven't paid for a ski ticket in about nine years; maybe it's time to return to the real world.  (Or make some Deer Valley friends who can give me free tickets hint hint...)



All whipped after a fun day on the slopes, hat hair and all. 


Love having a little ski buddy!  Thanks Dad, for making this day possible!  We had a blast.  



No comments: