Monday, May 27, 2013

Bahamian Adventure (with Kids!) Days 13-15

One more speedboat adventure nearly left us high-centered on some coral that appeared out of NOWHERE about a mile off the coast.  We had traveled the very same route the day before with little problem, but on this particular day, we seemed to be surrounded by coral beds as far as the eye can see.  Luckily, the only damage done were some scratches and chips.  One of the engines went out on our way back which made for a tense twenty minutes or so as we trolled back to home base with only one engine, but it seemed to work fine just minutes later.  Perhaps we should leave the boating to the experts...or at least the boat owners.  




Back to Old Fort Bay where I proceeded to get completely fried like a lobster.  I had been so good about reapplying sunscreen the entire vacation and I'm so mad at myself that I got burned!  At least it was on the last day.  It could've ruined a fabulous vacation.  







Dinner at Arawak Cay was less than enjoyable with a pair of whiny, tired kids.  We asked for our check as soon as possible.  We'll try it again on our next trip.  


Prior to a long day of packing and cleaning, we spent the morning at church.  I love going to church in foreign countries because besides subtle differences (like skin color, seating, attendance), the church (the gospel, the spirit) is the same wherever you go.  It's a comforting thought.  I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of Liam in his Primary class.  He was literally the ONLY white boy in class and didn't see anything the least bit wrong with it!  He was sad to leave his new friends, but perhaps we'll see them again someday. 



We returned home to blizzards and bombs in Boston.  We didn't see the news all day until we got home.  I'll never get some of the images from the Boston Marathon out of my mind.  My heart goes out to the victims, their families and to a great, historic city.  It truly feels as if we are living in the end of days, doesn't it?


And thus concludes our Bahamian Adventure (with Kids!)  I'm sure you tuned out around Day 5 or 6, but I couldn't just leave all of these pictures, these MEMORIES, in a sad folder on my hard drive!  At least if we ever end up moving to The Bahamas, you'll have a good flavor of where we are...Not gonna lie, it's a possibility.  Wes's company asks him about twice a year if he'd consider it and we keep saying, "No, thank you..."  You never know.  

1 comment:

Papa John said...

What an adventure! You will have wonderful memories and this Family Blog to share with all your kids one day...