Monday, May 6, 2013

Bahamian Adventure (with Kids!) Day 7

The first Sunday of our vacation (with kids) was the first day-of-rest-Sunday we've had in awhile.  No church, no potlucks.  Just naps, family, enjoying nature, and seeing lots of facebook posts about how great conference was.  (We're still catching up.)  



During nap-time, I took the kayak out for a little canal exploration.  




I knew from experience that sea creatures sometimes make their way into the canals and get stuck.  I had seen a few stingrays close to the surface a few years back.  I kept my eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.  Sure enough, I came eye to eye with not one, but TWO sea turtles.  The first one peeked its head out of the water a few yards from me and I thought it was possibly the Loch Ness Monster.  The second time, I nearly hit one.  His head popped up literally three feet in front of me, touched the kayak and we stared into each others souls for a good three or four seconds.  I had to do some quick maneuvering to avoid hitting him.  He was the size of a trash can lid.  I'm not going to lie, there was a moment where I thought he might eat me and my heart leaped into my throat.  Close encounter.  When I came home, I told Wes that he HAD to take Liam out as soon as he woke up.


So he did.  



Liam's such a good little helper.  







No sea turtles or stingrays, but they did have a great time and Liam didn't stop talking about it for days.  





1 comment:

Papa John said...

Great times make for even greater memories...I am happy you have them.