Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Baby Grows in Brooklyn

Brooklyn Mae Charles is the newest member of the Charles family, and she is already well-loved.  We got to meet little Brooklyn this past Sunday, when Milli brought her munchkins to a belated Valentine's day dinner at Tracie and Mike's house (Tracie, who I might add is about three seconds from having her third baby boy, Dominic!)  Is this kind of the sweetest picture you've ever seen?


We were so sorry to learn about the circumstances that brought them to Utah...suddenly losing Milli's grandfather, Papa.  I bet he would've fallen in love with Brooklyn, just as much as he must've been with Avery.  


Avery loves her new little sister to pieces, and so does her little cousin, Liam.  I think Liam is going to be a great big brother when the time comes (no, I'm not preggo.)  This picture literally makes me want to eat my son.  




This would be a baby-hungry Uncle Wes.  I love the way he looks at babies.  I don't love the way he hogs them.  





Brooklyn, what beautiful eyes you have!  





MoMo is so proud of her new grandbaby!  


This is Milli.  It may shock you to know that she just gave birth to the sweet baby pictured above only one month ago. She told me that her goal is to run a marathon after each of her children are born.  I mean, yeah, that is a perfectly normal goal to have, right?  I love and admire her.  In a recent email, Milli told me "We totally need to discuss our babies, but more importantly, The Bachelor!"  She is a girl after my own heart, and such a sweet mama.




Tracie is due March 6 and she too, looks amazing.  I was oozing chubbiness at 39 weeks.  It's just not fair!  Oh, by the way, all of the women who told me I would instantly lose 5-10 pounds after I stopped nursing completely LIED.  All lies.  I've gained two.  I should've known better than to trust skinny people.  On the bright side, I weaned Liam at almost sixteen months old, and he could've cared less!  It was heaven.  


Tracie might punch me for this, but I couldn't resist.  Preggo bellies are too cute.  Dominic is in there!




Yes, the BYU brainwashing began at an early age for most of the Charles children, excluding Liam, who is getting a healthy dose of Princeton Tiger pride.  Roooaarrrr!!


Liam had a lot to tell Maddie about Avery's toes.  And Maddie was more than happy to listen.  


I don't know.  


No, Liam did not earn these beads at Mardi Gras.  However, he did drink a little too much, if you know what I mean, and had a little accident.  He's a party animal.  


I made some friends after I showed the kiddos the Angry Birds game on my iPhone.  Have you ever played?  I'm addicted in a bad way, but then the first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem, right?  

8 comments:

Papa John said...

Beautiful babies all over the place...come on Wes keep the Cougs a burnin in Liam's young life...

Tracie said...

I might just HAVE to punch you for that FIRST picture of me...the belly shot is fine. And thanks for the compliments, but I feel like a house right about now:)

That first picture with Avery caressing her sister's face is FANTASTIC! Lovin it!

Tracie said...

Oh, and as far as oozing chubbiness, Rach, gotta tell ya, been there and done that....twice. I mean, really.

So over it.:):)

Unknown said...

Nice pics. Aztecs worship Cougars and Cougars eat Tigers, I'm pretty sure.

Rachael Charles said...

It's amazing to me that with all of the beautiful little ones in this post, the guys have more to say about their Cougars.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

As a former Cougar myself (maybe future Cougar...depending on how long Vic lives--just kidding), all I have to say is that those kids are ADORABLE.

Sorry about the weight loss promise.

Tracie said...

I stand by my weight loss promise, dangit.

It doesn't happen overnight!

And as for hotness, their ain't much room for improvement with Rachael anyways!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Rach,

Your pictures are amazing (minus the close up of my face, what the crap). Anyways, I really felt the love with both you and Trace being the paparazzi and my kids being the movie stars! Those pics are amazing, and I might use the one (the one we both looked at) for Brooklyn's birth announcement, if I ever get around to doing one!

It was so good seeing you. And seriously I may have not been a house being pregnant, but I'm slowly getting there breastfeeding. Travis may not recognize me when I get home, I'm out of control!

You looked great by the way!