Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Vocalizing

As we wrapped up the 2013-2014 SLVA season, I reflected on the wonderful opportunities I have had over the year.  After so long without magnificent musical experiences in my life, I finally feel a part of something great.  I have had the pleasure of singing classic masterpieces by the world's most brilliant composers, under the direction of a world-famous conductor, with some of my (new) closest friends.  I'm so grateful for Wes's support in this, as well as my parents and his, for sharing the load on those many late nights and weekends I was away singing.  My soul needed this.  I look forward to next season, assuming I am still in the group.  (Did you know that every member has to re-audition every year?!)  Germany and The Netherlands, here I come!  



Requiem by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, performed at Libby Gardner Hall





St. John Passion by Johann Sebastian Bach, performed at The Waterford School Concert Hall




Embracing the electric-blue swimsuit top...


Ein Deutsches Requiem by Johannes Brahms, performed at the Cathedral of the Madeleine









Caribbean Excursion, performed at the Tabernacle at Temple Square (checked that off the bucket list!) and St. Ambrose Catholic Church.  That historic organ is copyrighted and we weren't allowed to take pictures of it inside, so I stole this MoTab stock photo.  



Come and get me, lawyers!  



We warmed up in the Assembly Hall, also a magnificent venue.  



I was SO excited that Wes and Liam were able to come to that concert.  Liam had a ball.  








For your aural pleasure, please enjoy our rendition of Domine Deus Meus by Levante Gyongyosi.  This song still gives me nightmares (from attempting to memorize it.)  It won't be hard to spot me at the 1-minute mark...I'm the super dramatic looking one.  


No comments: