Monday, August 11, 2014

Remembering Harriet

On Memorial Day, we took a walk across the Provo Cemetery from the Rawson gravesite to visit Wes's grandma's grave, Harriet Carrothers Charles.  We brought some daffodils along only to find that someone had already placed a single dandelion there before we arrived.  Upon seeing this, Liam took it upon himself to place dandelions on every single grave he saw that was without ornamentation.  He's very thoughtful, sometimes.  See below for proof that this is not always the case.  


















Isn't he just smoochable?!


Crankypants.  


If  you were looking for evidence that Liam Rawson Charles is not always the angel you thought he was, look no further.  Proof of unprovoked malicious intent.  First, here they are sitting nicely on the lawn, not a care in the world.



"Hmm...I'm bored.  I'll bet it would be fun to knock Aiden down."  



"What's the problem?  In my opinion, this is perfectly acceptable behavior.  Oh, it's not, you say?  This is me not caring."  


"I take joy in my brother's pain."  I plan on showing the boys this photo sequence at appropriate moments in the future.  





Happy Memorial Day, 2014!  


1 comment:

Papa John said...

What a nice Memorial Day gesture.
Thank you Wes and family for remembering your grandmother and great grandmother Charles. She was a wonderful lady who did it all.