Friday, June 7, 2013

Dia de las Madres

Beautiful Mother's Day this year, hosted at the Chalet de Charles.  The guys cooked and did all of the preparations, as tradition dictates.  I made the seating assignments; the women had to find a picture of their mom which indicated their seat for the evening.  That's a lovely crew!  



Weston was an excellent chef and waiter; he made baked salmon with a cajun rub and lemon-cilantro rice.  Somehow the women ended up having a major role in the rest of the food, which was naturally also delicious.  






I marveled at the beauty of my children and how lucky I am to have the best job on the planet as their Mama.  



Charly stole everyone's heart.  




Somebody recently started walking and is VERY proud of himself...can you tell?








And I took some more pictures of Charly...







Liam withheld his ice cream from his brother until he realized how happy it would make him...




I got to spend part of Mother's Day with my favorite mom of all...


Cousins bonded.


And then we all played outside on one of the first perfect May evenings.








Aiden made some cute faces.  Oh, those expressions!






Declan got some loving discipline.  





I took some more pictures of Aiden because I CAN'T RESIST (and the lighting was oh-so-perfect.)










Papa John looked stylish in the black shirt we got him for his birthday.  What I describe as "fashionable," he describes as "dark."  Note: the color of your clothing does not necessarily reflect your soul.  



My mother-in-law loves her grandsons!  





Luckiest mom in the world.  No, really.  Happy Mother's Day to me!  I'm in love.







Last known pictures of my firstborn before his big-boy haircut!  I'm still in mourning.  So much personality packed into the next seven pictures, it's crazy.








2 comments:

Tracie said...

Beautiful pictures! Especially the ones of you and the boys. What a fun night...

Papa John said...

Good times with great folks!