Friday, February 7, 2014

Zoo Lights

If I get these Christmas posts done by Valentine's Day, it'll be nothing short of a miracle.  It's amazing how with two children, I am constantly in a state of playing catch-up with every single responsibility and hobby in which I engage.  I will NOT give up the blog.  I will NOT give up the blog. I will NOT give up the blog…Hey, remember that time I took my family to Zoo Lights at the Hogle Zoo?  It was a hit.




Liam liked the life-size gingerbread house so much, he decided to give it a lick.  I'm not sure the lit-up lollypop lived up to his lollypop standards of taste. 




And the best part, we got to see a very special visitor!  Aiden's favorite guy!  NOT.  He was at least enthralled with the reindeer.   



He's okay with everything leading up to the jolly old elf, but not the man himself.  





Liam, of course, was happy to have one more opportunity to tell Santa his Christmas wish.  




Check out Mrs. Claus' expression when Liam told her he wanted a "skateboard machine" for Christmas.  I can hear her thoughts, "Wow, a skateboard manufacturing plant is quite the tall order from a four-year old.  What an interesting kid."  




We even got to satisfy Aiden's obsession with elephants.  





And then the sea lions gave us quite a show.  


An R-rated show, to be exact.  Apparently, they are most active at night.  


Aiden learned about the birds and bees, as well as other sea life.  



Have you ever seen a bunch of fruit bats up close?  Go to the zoo!  


I highly recommend Zoo Lights.  It satisfies three of the season's most anticipated events:  Seeing lots of Christmas lights?  Check.  Sitting on Santa's lap?  Check.  A nighttime zoo visit?  Check!    Way to go, Salt Lake City.  


No comments: