Sunday, February 2, 2014

Christmas Sunday

Once in awhile, we are all showered, in pretty good moods and all dolled up in our Sunday best.  Nonetheless, just because we have satisfied all of these conditions does NOT mean we are able to take a presentable family photo, as is evidenced by our Christmas card this year.  Oh well, I wouldn't trade this crazy family for ones that can take perfect pictures any day.


Just embrace it.





This expression sums up how I feel about motherhood.  51% the greatest joy of my life.  49% a huge pain in the you-know-what.




Maybe one day Liam will be interested in photography like his Papa and Mamma.  One can hope.  Right now, he's mostly interested in tall things he can pretend to use like telescopes and anything relating to pirates or Darth Vader.  






Christmas Sunday morning, I got the huge honor of singing at Elder M. Russell Ballard's Christmas devotional.  I sat right behind him!  It was such a change for me to sing with a group composed of a majority of those in my same faith.  The songs are different, the feeling is different and the venues are most definitely different than any choir with which I've ever sung.  (Did you know we get to sing in the Tabernacle in April?) I'm so happy to have these opportunities.  


Now you can understand how I managed to accidentally spit on an apostle while standing and singing. He had the opportunity to spit back when we shook hands after the devotional, but he didn't.  He simply said, "Thank you for the beautiful music."  


No comments: