Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Love to See the Temple (Especially at Christmas)

A couple of weeks ago, I cajoled my family into a temple lights trip.  I simply can't get enough of Temple Square this time of year!  I did not, however, completely think through my plan.  We went on opening night of the lights show and I swear to you that THE ENTIRE COUNTRY was there.  After spending about an hour looking for a parking place, we finally were able to soak in the magic of this historic, sacred place.  




We froze our patooties off, but I think we all concluded it was well worth the sacrifice...especially Liam, who has been talking non-stop about not the lights, but the ESCALATOR for the past few weeks. Okay, he also has been telling everyone he loves to go to the temple and see the statue of Jesus, but I think the escalator was really the highlight.  




I kept thinking while I was there that I really thought my Liam was absolutely perfect when he was born, but how perfect must Mary have thought her little one, the Son of God, was when He was born.



It's like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, only better.  


Watch out, Rach!  You're about to get trampled by a stampede of temple tourists!



I was really missing my 18-55mm lens that day.  I couldn't fit Jesus and Liam in the same frame!  Santa, can you help a mama out?


And finally, here are some gorgeous shots courtesy of Tracie.  These pictures are from a later trip, but I really love the grounds set against the sky at dusk.  With the right lens, great lighting and a good eye, one can really capture the beauty that is the Salt Lake City Temple Square.  Anyone want to go back with me?  



1 comment:

Papa John said...

Great pics Rachael...