Monday, November 7, 2011

Locks of Love

Well, all of you boys-with-long-hair haters will be happy.  I finally bit the bullet and got Liam a haircut.  I just knew he was going to throw a fit, so to minimize the behavioral code red, my mom and I took him to Cookie Cutters in Sandy.  There was an indoor slide.  There were movies.  There were elevated cars instead of chairs.  Lollipops.    My little man was in heaven.  He did not cry once and really can't wait to go back.  We could've trimmed his nails and changed his diaper simultaneously and he wouldn't have noticed.  







The stylist really beveled it in the back, and for awhile, I was sure that he looked more like a girl with this cut than with his "Samson hair", as my dad called it.  In fact, I just about fell over when the day after this adventure, some women actually referred to Liam as "she!"  Come on, people!  I just can't win.  I dress him in manly clothes, he has the shoulders of a linebacker and short hair.  What do you want from me?  I know, it's because he's just so dang beautiful, right?


It happened to be Bret's 39th (not 40th) birthday that day, so we swung by his office with a heap of cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy.  He was fresh off the boat after vacationing in Mexico (don't ask him why he chose Mexico...he'll tell you all about his encounters with the cartels, etc) with a tan to prove it.  Liam loves his Uncle Bret and was very happy to explore his office space.  Happy "At Least You're Not 40", Bretski!  



I don't care what people say, Liam is a beautiful boy with beautiful flowing McDreamy hair.  And this time, I may just wait a little longer to go back to Cookie Cutters.  We do live in Park City, afterall, where the winters are frigid...Long hair can do one good.

3 comments:

Brasilia said...

I just love it !!!! and yes, Im one of those boys long hair haters, specially that there is a lice epidemy in park city....

Tracie said...

I love little Liam...he would look divine without a hair on his head, or with hair down to his toes. No matter:)

Papa John said...

Me personally, I like the linebacker part more than any other...