Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Witches are In

Halloween would not be complete without the annual visit to Gardener Village.  It reminds me of Knott's Berry Farm in California, minus the rides.  Liam loved the witch encounters, but he is a little iffy on the difference between a witch and a nutcracker.  Very similar...  Whenever he sees a nutcracker, he smacks his lips together imitating the nut-cracking mouth motion.  When I introduced him to his first life-size witch at Gardener, he made the same gesture and looked up at me like "Mama, is this right?"  So darling.  



I love these guys.  From left to right: Wyatt, (me, Liam), Garrett and Sam Rawson.


Doesn't Lindsay look officially collegiate?  She's at USU, but thinking of transferring to BYU to pursue a degree in Broadcast Journalism.  She may do a semester at the UofU to earn enough transfer credits.  She told me that all of her USU friends want to come to Salt Lake to party, and her response is "I am from Salt Lake...Why did I come to school in Logan just to go back home to party?"  Good question.





Wyatt has two passions.  Baseball and dance.  It's a nice balance.  The kid has RHYTHM.  He's stuck in ballet/tap/jazz for now but will start hip-hop classes soon.  Watch for him on So You Think You Can Dance in the coming years...




And here, Liam is trying desperately to decide which is scarier; the green witch or Mama.  


Ducks!


If I wheeled Liam away from his view of the ducks, he would protest (loudly).  How can you say no to this face?


Thank you, Sam, for entertaining your cousin on demand so his mama can shop.


My child looks a little like my brother's baby here.  Sick.


Until next year, witches.  Happy Halloween!

No comments: