Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birthday Boy


Dear Liam,

Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Boy!  Where did this year go?  It seems like just a few weeks ago that I met you for the first time.  How tiny you were!  You were crying when you were born, but as soon as they handed you to me, you calmed down and just looked in my eyes like "I think I know you..."  And from that instant, I was hooked.  I think you were, too. 

You look more and more like a little boy every day.  They say you're officially a "toddler" now, but I refuse to accept it.  You have learned so much in such a short amount of time.  The list of words you're able to say grows longer every day (Mama, Dada, yes, no, fish, dance, witch, bear, ball...)  When we ask how old you are, you even hold up one finger to show us!  You can stand without holding on to anything for a few seconds, but you're not quite brave enough to take a step. Take your time.  You'll get there.  It has to be tough lugging around 26+ pounds!  

Remember, just because you're a big boy now does not mean that you get to skip your naps.  You have to sleep so you can grow even bigger and stronger!  You're still getting Mama's delicious milk, so this should not be so difficult, right?  

Liam Rawson Charles, I hope you grow up knowing how incredibly special you are and how long Mama and Dada had been waiting for you to join our family.  One day, you will be a big brother and I hope that we will prepare you well for that important role.  I can already tell what a great example you will be to your little brothers and (hopefully) a sister.  You have such a sweet, playful and temperate disposition, that I think it will be easy for you to make and keep friends.  You are a treasure.  

You are my treasure.  

Love always, 
Mama

1 comment:

Jenni M. said...

So Precious! Print this a put it in his scrapbook! He (or at least his wife) will love to read this when he is grown. You are such a good mama for documenting these things so well!