Friday, October 22, 2010

The Visitor

A few days ago, I was preparing Liam's dinner while he was sitting in his high chair in our "bistro" area which is surrounded by windows.  I noticed him laughing at something outside, but thought little of it since usually it's the wind or his own reflection.  When I came over to investigate, I realized that it was something (or someone) much more interesting!  





Our little friend grazed the backyard for at least half an hour eating the plentiful weeds that pepper our unlandscaped yard.  We got to enjoy our own dinner alongside him, separated only by glass and a language barrier.  





Two days later, after Liam and I got home from running errands, I walked Liam into our driveway only to notice him pointing and laughing at something in the distance...again.  Much to my surprise, two more bucks less than ten yards away!  This little guy has his Papa's eyes...(my dad could always spot animals miles away while it took me forever to see the same thing.  It's a gift.)  

2 comments:

Tracie said...

It's only in Park City and a few other blessed places on earth, where whilst eating dinner, you can look out your dining room window instead of turning on the Nature channel. Good stuff. The deer were probably just as enamored by Liam as he was by them:)

Papa John said...

That is so cute...the very next day was the opening of deer season? I wonder where the little fella is now?