Monday, June 14, 2010

Date Night


April 17, 2010.  Just shy of Liam's 6 month birthday and one day before mine, Wes and I ventured off boldly into the adults-only world for the first time since last October.  And I didn't even cry leaving Liam!  Grammy, Papa and Bret's fam made excellent caretakers and Liam was happy as a clam to be finally rid of us.  Apparently, they had no problem celebrating my birthday (and Grammy's) without me.

The evening's events included a trip down memory lane at the site of our first date over 3 years ago, Good Thymes (the official site has changed, but everything else is the same...)  Great dinner.  The majority of the discussion centered around the supernatural cuteness of our baby...Seriously, has there ever been a cuter child?  Methinks not!  Dinner was followed by the appropriately named movie, Date Night, with Steve Carell and Tina Fey.  I laughed my post-preggo cellulite off.


Conclusion #1 of the night?  We need to get out more.  Conclusion #2?  Wes still puts the zip in my doo-dah.




No comments: