Thursday, April 15, 2010

Luck O' the Irish

In my efforts to become a domestic goddess, I endeavored to make Corned Beef and Cabbage in honor of St. Patty's Day this year (celebrated a little late...March 28th).  I've been in an experimental-cooking phase for the past couple of months and I'm loving it.  Thank you, Jamie Oliver!  Have you tried his Crunchy Garlic Chicken?  Yummy

I was feeling pretty confident about the fixins, so Wes, Liam and I enjoyed an evening stroll prior to the festivities.  Apparently, word didn't get out about the start time of the meal and everyone was at our house before we returned from the walk.  Slight breakdown in Charles communication.  In the end, my dish came out with wicked flavor, despite the unintentional crunchy veggies.  Oh well.  I'll know better for next year. 

P.S. Is it just me, or do we have some dang cute munchkins in our family?  





Notice the western sun in everyone's faces...Yeah, we're working on that.


Wes was happy to have his age-group present.  Finally!







One of about three pictures in existence of my entire family.




The following were all taken within 10 seconds.  It's a thin line, people.




1 comment:

Rachael Charles said...

Sad, Happy, angry, or downright jolley, my boy doesn't take a bad picture!