Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hey, Big Spender!

So I had quite the dream last night.  I was about nine months preggo, ready to pop...trying to waddle as little as possible.  I was at some college event in which people were performing various acts on stage.  My parents were there as well as a few friends, but mostly strangers (several thousand).  The stage manager approached me and said, "Everyone would now like to hear you sing Hey Big Spender.  You can wait backstage until you're ready. "  

Despite encouragement from my parents and friends, I was panic stricken.  I struggled to remember the words of the song and hoped I would be able to "wing it."  The audience sat in silent anticipation for what seemed like an eternity as I prepared to give the curtain guy the green light.  

As the curtain rose and that sultry beat began, I worked the mic stand like a pregnant Russian immigrant (Thank you, Tina Fey).  Are you picturing this?  I got the first line out..."The minute you walked in the joint, I could see you were a man of distinction, a real big spender."  But then, I froze...  All of the remaining lyrics evaporated from my brain.  I waved my arms in a gesture to cut off the music, apologized to the crowd and walked out.  I then waddled to a nearby hospital to deliver my baby.  

Anyone want to interpret that?  Anyone?  




1 comment:

Jenni M. said...

Hahahahaha! That is hilarious! And no, I'm not even going to try to interpret.