Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lawnparties

A family of moose decided to crash at our place this fall, which would have been cool if we hadn't just invested in some brand new sod.  Free lunch at the Charles place!  I know one person who was thrilled with this development...  




The mamma and baby grazed for a couple of days and then the older brother (or dad?) showed up, staked out the territory, making sure it was up to snuff.  






Everything was looking great for them, until Wes got involved.  He attempted to scare the moose family away by banging on a metal pot while doing his best Abominable Snowman yawp.  They looked at him like he was crazy yet non-threatening and went back to pulverizing our grass.  If Abominable Snowman yawping doesn't work, then I just don't know what will.









Wes solved our moose infestation for good with a little thing I like to call "Operation Orange Ear."  I'll give you a hint.  It involves a paintball.  

4 comments:

Papa John said...

Yelling and banging on the pot with something metal always worked for me in Glenwild. But whatever works...paintball? Alright! I dunno about the lawnthough, next spring?

Randi said...

These pictures are so cute! I'm sorry about your lawn but this is the cutest memory Liam will have about growing up in Park City.

Also thanks for the darling Christmas card! I promise I'll have mine out sometime soon.

Unknown said...

Hmm.. no you didn't tell everyone! I have no idea what she's talking about? Paint comes in a ball?

Tracie said...

Who needs a zoo. You should invite people over and charge them.