Thursday, February 16, 2012

Triple the Birthdays, Triple the Fun

Last month, three little munchkins celebrated three birthdays at the quintessential birthday venue, Chuck E. Cheese's.  I hadn't been there since about 1989, so other than feeling the need to disinfect my family heads-to-toes afterwards, it was a blast.  They should totally change their motto to "Where an adult can be a kid!"  


It's hard to believe I met these three Charles' when they were just barely toddlers...I love them to pieces.  Happy 6th birthday, Alex and Shaners and Happy BIG 8th, Jess!    



Who's that girl with the HUGE belly??  
  





Liam is about to ruin a game...


You may not know this about me, but I kind of love arcades.  It's a competitive girl's dream!  And I just happen to be married to the world's most competitive guy, that is, until his wife beats him in air hockey and suddenly "his heart just wasn't in the game..."  As a good wife, I let him beat me at my favorite game, Ski-ball, so he could regain a little of his lost ego.  The funniest part of the night was probably the Wes-Mike-Rachael basketball free-throw competition.  Wes won and Mike and I were tied for second, and when my turn came, I made ZERO shots in 40 seconds.  Zero.  Talk about choking under pressure!



I did have second thoughts about letting Liam out in public with that shirt on...but I guess he can make just about anything look good ;-)


We tried to help the kiddos out with their strategy in this machine, but I think it was more about enjoying the experience than collecting wads of tickets...



She got one!



Liam has no idea how lucky he is to have a Dadda who is willing to climb into the slide maze with him.  Way to take one for the team, Weston!


Liam was very serious about his first air hockey experience with MoMo and Grandpa.


And here's one way to win...



Look at that form!



Liam is looking forward to a Chuck E. Cheese's birthday of his very own...the seed has been planted.  Thanks again to Kevin and Kimberly for a wonderful evening!  

2 comments:

Papa John said...

There just are not many dads that would dare go where other dads would not dare to go...like a kids tunnel well above the ground that may break at any moment due to an immense amount of weight in one place, or a wire cage that the adult occupant must contract his massive muscles to be accommodated along with his big little man.
A true dad, that his son, if he already hasn't, will learn to idolize in this life!!!

Harriet Kuulei Leialoha Wilton said...

what a wonderful family! Liam is an absolute warm huggy for me. I love his personality and cute looks and bright responses.