Friday, January 6, 2012

Twas the Night Before...

Christmas Eve was held at my parents' home this year, with no shortage of Rawsons.  My mom decorated to the nines once again, and everyone was filled with the general merriment that this time of year always offers.  Much to everyone's amazement, we were able to pull of a Rawson family picture (first since my wedding in 2008) with the help of the tripod and many bribes for Liam.  


Yes, Weston, the preggo girl wore sparkly sequins to Christmas Eve dinner.  Do you really think I can hide what's protruding from my knees to neck?  Let's just embrace it, k?  I love our little family of 3.5.


The Bret Rawson fam...Can I get a smile, Garrett?  Teenagers. (sigh)  


Surprisingly, the Daniel Rawson family was the most well-behaved during their family photo.  I don't think it's due to experience...they don't do this very often.  Well done, guys.  Cheer up, Eli!


Papa with all of the boys...including the little teeny one in my belly, who will make the ninth grandchild (eight of which have both x and y chromosomes.) 


I've always thought Wes looks great in red.  And a red apron?  Don't even get me started.  Hubba-hubba.  




Great job, Mamma!  P.S. Can we make honey-baked ham a tradition?  I'm a fan, and I think you're right about heating it past room temperature.  Much better.  


Mr. Liam left his mark on Christmas Eve.  His mamma slaved over a delicious Apple-Pear Crisp (with the help of Dadda's peeling skills), but she waited to bake it until half-way through dinner so that it would be fresh out of the oven for dessert.  About twenty minutes into baking it, Liam snuck into the kitchen and turned the dial up one hundred degrees to 475 F.  Needless to say, my Crisp was a bit crispier than intended (black).  Everyone was a good sport and told me how delicious the bottom half was (liars).  Thanks for your contribution, stinker!  




I have weird big brothers.  If you don't know them, well, you really don't know them.


Lindsay had one too many Shirley Temples, methinks.  College students.  (sigh)




Because scissors just don't do the trick...  


Thank you, Daniel & Linda, for the T.J. Maxx gift card...you know us too well.  And Liam loves his Mr. Potato head!  It's just like the one at nursery!  


Grammy & Papa, you really know how to make a boy happy.  School bus!  It doesn't take much, does it?  Good work!  Wes and I can't WAIT to go to Fireside Dining next week with you.  What a perfect Christmas present.  



Thanks for the snowman kit, Bret, Jen and kids!  Now if only Park City would get a storm or two...






I have a really good husband.  He ate my blackened Apple-Pear Crisp.


And so did I, reluctantly.  I'll eat anything my baby helped to make.


We were all so impressed by Isaac and Kaleb's musical talents.  This little four year old treats his violin with so much maturity (he'd better; it's worth more than he can count...) and plays it like a pro!  Only furthering the Asian-child stereotype ;-)  Of course, we'll do the same with our kids so maybe it's more of a Rawson stereotype.  





You would not believe Kaleb's piano prowess.  I started piano at age 6, and Kaleb at 7 is playing what took me at least a couple of years to master.  Great work, bud.  Keep practicing!  


Thanks to the Rawson clan for making yet another Christmas wonderful.  The fact that we all gather under one roof only once or twice a year makes it all the more special.  Anyone want to go to California this summer?    

No comments: