Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Round Two


Here we go again, folks!  Baby #2 is on its way.  Wes and I have been very lucky so far in our baby-producing attempts.  This one took only about two months of trying (compared to Liam's one WEEK of trying...)  I. am. baby-making-machine!  Just kidding.  Pregnancy does me no mercy.  This time around, I have been sicker, fatter, and more exhausted-er than I ever was with Liam.  We found out July 3rd, after taking my...oh, seventh test?  I have a self-control problem.  Rather, I am a planner.  I want to have as much information as possible as early as possible in nearly every life situation.  (Thus, I'm finding out the sex of the baby while Wes continues to protest.)  Let me clarify; I like surprises, but only surprises for which I have absolutely NO foreknowledge.  For example, I know I'm having a baby, so there is no sense in waiting to know what flavor.  I know we all die one day, so it would be great if I could have all of the details regarding what that will be like as far in advance as possible.  Get it? 


To celebrate the big news, Wes and I had a romantic evening out on Main Street, Park City.  I don't know if food tastes better when I'm preggo, but Wahso was De. Li. Cious.  (Thanks Mom and Dad for the gift certificate!)  We basically had the place to ourselves, which is typical in PC in the summers (you can barely get a table in the winter), so we got some great personal attention.  The staff suggested baby names, and they even made us a special dessert. I bet you can figure out what their inspiration might have been...


I am a lucky girl.  I have a perfect-in-every-way little boy and a sweet, empathetic and involved husband.  This new little one is just going to be icing on a fantastic cake.  We are totally excited, worried about money, full of questions about how Liam will deal with a sibling and virtually drunken with joy.  I have no idea how to have two children at the same time, but we'll figure it out...I hope.  I guess I'll have to get over some of my OCD because things will be less than orderly very soon.  



Check out Wes after he ordered the only thing on the menu that featured his nemesis, onions, as a main meal component.  





I felt the little guy (I'm going to refer to him as a guy because I am more than convinced he is a he) kick way earlier than with Liam...around twelve weeks.  Wes hasn't felt him yet which makes him very jealous, but at the size of a large heirloom tomato, the time will come very soon.  I love my new midwife, Danielle Demeter, although I miss Tina Fought terribly.  I was looking forward to keeping her for all of my pregnancies the minute I gave birth to Liam and then she pulled a bait-and-switch on me and moved to West (Death) Valley.  Lame.  Danielle let me see the baby via internal ultrasound around 8 weeks and then again at 12 weeks (we couldn't find the heartbeat via Doppler, per usual.)  Nearly everyone I know in Park City has gone to her and I have not heard one bad thing from anyone.  Not one.  I hope she's okay with a non-natural-birther, as I plan on not being stupid this time around, getting pitocin/epidural before it's too late and hopefully cutting my twenty-six hour marathon labor in half-ish...like less than thirteen hours would be nice, please?


Although I really don't need an ultrasound to tell me that this one's a boy, I find out today with Liam and my mom at St. Mark's Hospital.  Wes is in California for work and we're both bummed he won't be there, but I'll just force him to come to a few of my upcoming monthly appointments.  (Many thanks to the late Steve Jobs for FaceTime on the iPhone 4.)  Until today, Wes has requested that I hide the gender from him until the birth, which I totally can do, but he caved today indicating that he would probably find out anyway...so... 

Here is preggo-me at 8 weeks...


And at 13 weeks...


And at 16 weeks...


17, and growing!  


I will be 20 weeks in five days.  Wes thinks this all has gone by very quickly, but when you're throwing up nearly every night for a month and can't catch your breath because of acid reflux, time slows down a bit.  I still have PTSD from Liam's birth, but I remember the awesome reward at the end of everything and I focus on that.  We're going to have another one!  I have to say, we make pretty cute babies, so I think we know to expect nothing less than heaven.  Yay for babies!  

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Ahhh, Rach.

So precious.

And despite all the C-R-A-P....being pregnant really is such a special time, you fabulous baby maker you.

So happy for your guys and your burgeoning family!

Papa John said...

Congratulations to you both!
Hoping Round 2 is easier, with a softer landing this time around.
What does Liam think...does he have a clue?

Randi said...

congrats on #2 and congrats on being right about the sex!

Unknown said...

Yay, I can finally comment! Onions suck. Your preggo pics are adorable. You are such a cute preggo-chick, babe. You're half-way there, hang in there!!!! (Exclamation points are a tribute to your Mom)