Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bride to Be

If you had trouble getting in touch with me in September, it was probably because I was spending as much time as humanly possible hanging out with my dear friend, Anne Schleiffarth (now Anne Sutherland...is that not the best name for a southern belle from Atlanta?)  We hiked, swam, shopped, talked for hours and tried to enjoy every second of her last month as a single lady.  



I planned her Bachelorette Party, sold her the wedding dress I didn't wear (now that's a story), gave her the honest low-down on marriage and attended her sealing in the Salt Lake temple.  Everything culminated in her reception, held at her parents' house in Midway on September 17th.  It was all perfect, from the gardenias to the light bulb strands set against a beautiful mountain dusk to the amazing food to the dancing to the beautiful couple.  From there, she and John spent their honeymoon in Telluride, completed the Xterra Triathlon (hardcore?  yes.) and moved to Minneapolis where John will complete his medical residency in surgery.  



I had a hard time saying goodbye.  Anne has been one of my closest friends over the past six years--the type that is tough to come by these days as a somewhat isolated stay-at-home mama.  She loves my baby, has more history with my husband's family than I do, and is one of the best travel companions that I know.  



She is a special girl, and I'm proud to say that her new hubbie totally recognizes her for the gem she is.  I had high hopes for her and it truly seems like everything worked out better than I could have imagined.  John is a winner.


There are few people in my life I would go clubbing with...pregnant.  I'm telling you; it wasn't pretty.  I felt slightly out of place...Anne did not, however, as she was accompanied by at least five other bachelorettes and their posses that night.  



A thousand congratulations, Miss Anne!  Get that guest room ready for me!  

No comments: