Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Sea Bass, I mean Turkey Day

I have started a new tradition.  Sea bass on Thanksgiving.  Don't act like you're above it.  Call me a traitor, but I've never really liked turkey.  Have you?  Be honest.  Since only the Wes Charles family and my parents were in town this year for "Turkey" Day, we decided to skip the stress that goes along with slaving over the dinner and eat out this year.  And let me tell you, you can have your traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  We dined at the Riverhorse on Main Street, and sea bass should live in fear of Thanksgiving from now on...I'm thankful that we were able to really enjoy a quiet, calm evening with people I love.  Isn't it about...time?


Wes actually ordered the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, turkey and all, and this was the result.  See what I mean?  











Liam finally recovered from his list of ailments and was a very happy boy at dinner.  I'm thankful that we can take the kid anywhere.  And I'm thankful to Airborne for making my flu symptoms barely noticeable.  Why am I always sick on major holidays?


Next stop:  the Charles household.  We tried to save room for a little more dessert after a delicious Riverhorse Apple Cobbler.  Mean Grandpa wouldn't give in to Liam's incessant pleadings, so MoMo had to come to the rescue with Mama's first attempt at a pumpkin pie. Liam approves.



Little turkeys.




Note: use less ginger next time.  But hey, aren't you impressed with my first try at homemade pie crust?  Now, if only I could stand the taste of pumpkin pie...


Wes happily obliged.



One day, we'll take a non-hideous Christmas picture.  One day.



I'm so thankful for my sweet boy(s).  They bring so much ridiculous joy to my life.


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Papa John said...

I have found that it depends on WHO prepares the Thanksgiving feast! If it is done well, sea bass, octupus, shark, even salmon take a back seat to Tom Turkey on T-Day...I'll stay traditional thankyou...

Tracie said...

I'll take fish over turkey ANY DAY. Including Turkey Day. I'm converted.