Thursday, November 4, 2010

BIG PARTY, little guy: Part I

Liam's big day was a huge success.  Some might say that it was all too much ado about a one-year old, but I know others who would say that you can't celebrate a birthday enough.  Thank you to all those who helped out, partied with us and love Liam almost as much as we do.

Preparations and Decorations...I found these invites at Tabula Rasa at Trolley Square.  Aren't they sweet?  I thought they were perfect for our Liam the Lion.


I happen to be the opposite of a seamstress.  My mom has tried to teach me how to do a hem multiple times throughout my life, but it never seems to stick.  I loved the birthday banner that my friend, Molly handmade, so I decided to put my curse to the test.  She loaned me the tools and gave me some tips, and I went to work.  Guess what?  I did it!  I love that we will have it in our family forever.  I just may have found myself a new Mommy-Hobbie...




I slaved over these Candy-Corn Rice-Krispie Treats.  Okay, so they're cuter than they taste.  Hey, I tried.


What is a birthday party without treat bags?  Filled with spider bouncy balls, monster-face glasses and my Rice-Krispie experimental treats.


Crocker.  Betty Crocker.  Yes, I homemade Liam's 1st Birthday cake.  It was my second layer cake EVER.  And I have to admit, it was pretty tasty despite its...modesty?   Liam dug it.


One of my favorite Mommy-Hobbies is video editing.  I made a video diary of Liam's First Year and gave the DVDs to family.  I just can't wait to show this to Liam's future wife.  (Okay, I can wait a few years...)


Tracie made these awesome Halloween cupcakes, and I'm just sad I didn't get a picture of them before everyone devoured them...


My parents brought a huge ham for sandwiches.  There was SO MUCH DELISH food.


King Charles in his castle.



Mike is getting ready to be a daddy of THREE boys.  Oy vey!


I was a fairy sprite.  It was the first time in my life that I chose to be something ultra-girly.  The typical Rachael-Halloween-costume is gross witch, decapitated Marie Antoinette, crotchety old lady, etc.  This was a refreshing change.


This is my big bro, Bret, the cop/lawyer (or a white Jimmy Hendrix?)


From left to right: Bret's wife, Jen, my cousin's wife, Lisa, and my hubbie's sister, Tracie...




The party was 99.9% family, but I just couldn't do without my pseudo-family, the Jacksons and Liam's best bud, Peter (as in Pan.)


My cousin, Rex Hardy and his cute family...Lisa, Rawson and Camden.  I love that these guys live so close!




My mom's sister, Dona (we call her Sissy) and her daughter, Lucy came to visit Liam for the second time in three months from California.  They just can't get enough of our little stinker.



Liam has no idea how lucky he is to have so much love around him.  MoMo and Grandpa and so many other Charles' came to his shindig.


King Charles says, "Please stay tuned for Part II."


No comments: