Sunday, March 21, 2010

Token Ski Day


March 20, 2010.  First ski day of the year (and last?) GLORIOUS.  I'm a fair-weather skier, and let me tell you...in the words of Germaine and Bret from Flight of the Concords, the conditions were perfect.  Aside from sun-burning my face off, it was a much-needed break from sweatpants, diapers and spit-up.


From left to right: David Russell, Garrett Rawson, Bret Rawson, (me), Scott Marlowe


That is one happy mama.  Deer Valley had been calling my name!  Thank you, Wes, for hanging with Liam for  6 hours straight.


Bret had not skied since 1991, so he was in for a little instruction...Garrett took a lesson from the Colonel last season and was turning some good-looking S's by the end of the day.


This is me trying to distract Bret from taking him on the grownup lift...


Good times on the bunny hill...(This lift is for midgets!)


Look at that excellent form!  


"Okay, fake smile, I'm having so much fun, I'm going to kill my sister, where is she taking me..."


Father and son on their first green run, appropriately named Success.


Lunch break at Snow Park Lodge.  Try the Wild Mushroom Soup-- it's ridiculously good.


And of course, Penny Rawson came to offer moral support.  We tried to drag her out on the slopes, but she declined.  She reasons that she is not a fan of slipping, so naturally, skiing is not for her...It is just a prolonged and purposeful version of slipping.  

1 comment:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

So glad you got to enjoy the slopes...
"The conditions were perfect.." HILARIOUS.