Friday, September 12, 2008

Yeah, we blog.

Welcome to the Rachael & Wes Charles family blog! It seems that entrance into the Charles clan also requires the obligatory initiation into the blogging world, so I have appointed myself Commissioner. As our blog title implies, I recently changed my legal name from Rachael Erin Rawson to Rachael Rawson Charles. Some may have noticed that my new name can be conveniently abbreviated to “Rach Charles” or even…as a stretch…to “Ray Charles.” It could be worse. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining that my new last name is often mistaken for a first, or that my first name contains almost the same letters as my last, or that when said aloud in one breath, there seems to be an inordinate amount of “ch” sounds. No. It could be so much worse. In fact, I feel honored to carry the surname of such a legendary musician. So here’s to you, Mr. Charles. I can only hope that I will be able to bring as much honor and integrity to the name as the name itself deserves (minus the associations with drugs and other illegal acts.)

No comments: