Sunday, May 3, 2015

Clickin' Moms Photography Conference Shoot

I had this brilliant idea that I would apply to be a volunteer model for the Clickin' Moms Annual Photography Conference back in September, for three reasons.  1) I couldn't afford the $400 fee to attend the conference. 2) I wanted to go to as many classes as possible to learn as much as I could for free. 3) I haven't had a professional picture of me since college graduation.  Someone contacted me and informed me that they would like me to model for three classes.  I was to receive 10 edited images from each class.  As you can see below, only one of the photographers came through.  And unfortunately, she was NOT amazing.  She specialized in posing and lighting women, but I thought every pose she instructed me to do was SO incredibly awkward.  Here is a tip, photographers, if your client feels awkward, THEY WILL NOT LIKE YOUR WORK.  Do not argue with the client and tell them "Don't worry; it feels weird now, but will look fantastic!"  Wrong.  There are only about two below that are mildly acceptable.  The rest are laughable (although not entirely her fault)! 





Yikes.  


The crown jewel of awkward women's poses.  No! Bad! 






Fortunately, the third class I modeled for (with Wes) changed my life and provided me with a trajectory for my photography career.  Jesh Derox taught a seminar on a photography technique he designed called "Beloved" which allows the photographer to capture natural, authentic interaction from his/her muses effortlessly.  I have become obsessed with Beloved and am excited for what lies ahead.  Most families I have spoken to have less than desirable and even stressful memories from their photo shoots.  That ends now.  This is from the Beloved website: 

Beloved is an emerging portrait based photographic genre that celebrates and emphasises the importance of relationship. Blending the visual aesthetic of portrait photography with the authenticity of photojournalism, the Beloved Technique gives photographers a simple way to create meaning-rich, fulfilling and valuable experiences and imagery for those they photograph and themselves.

BELOVED ENABLES CLIENTS TO:

  • EXPERIENCE HEART-WARMING, GENUINE INTERACTIONS.
  • HAVE A REASON TO SPEND TIME RE-DISCOVERING EACH OTHER.
  • HAVE A SECOND CHANCE TO RE-FEEL THE FIRST DATE EXPERIENCE.
  • SHARE PROFOUND MOMENTS OF CONNECTION WITH EACH OTHER.
  • BE REVITALIZED WITH THE MEMORY OF WHY THEY FELL IN LOVE.
  • RECEIVE IMAGES THAT SERVE AS PHOTOGRAPHIC DOORS BACK TO THAT ORIGINAL REMEMBRANCE EXPERIENCE.

No comments: