Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Savvy Curls

Say hello to the revolutionary Savvy Curls Heatless Curling Headband!  This little product has become a major part of my life as of late...


Invented, designed and produced by my savvy entrepreneur and BFF, Tami Van Der Veur, these aren't just cute headbands.  Stuffed with thermo-insulating materials, they work with your body temperature to produce perfect, spiral curls without harmful chemicals or heat.  I have cut my blow-drying in half by making this a part of my routine.  


Tami invited me to be one of her hair models on KUTV's Fresh Living back in July.  Yup, that's right...just add "hair model" to my resume.  What a fun experience!  


Not the outfit I would've chosen for T.V., but Tami insisted on showing the public that you can wear these things working out.  Note: I'm not usually in full make-up when I work out.  




This was Paizly's first T.V. experience.  She was a rock star.  Look at that pout!  






Kambridge at 16 with her luscious curls...


Could Tami be any cuter?  She's as sweet on the inside as she is on the outside.  
















Next on the docket was 2 News This Morning a couple of weeks later.  This one involved a 4:45am wake-up to get ready and to the studio a little before 7am.  It's days like those that I really wish I drank coffee.  We actually did okay running on adrenaline.  This was a live show!  



Of course, Tami had to stop at a store on the way there to pick up nail polish.  It's all in the details, folks. 



So Savvy.  





After the show, I accompanied Tami to a manufacturer in American Fork to move forward with mass production.  I was very impressed with the quality and speed of their work and Tami went ahead and had them produce a tech pack for her (basically the blueprint for the product which then can be given to any manufacturer in the world to start production.)  It has been incredible to see the process of having an idea and bringing it to market.  It gets me excited for my next big idea...





Shem met up with us at Cheesecake Factory and treated us to a celebratory lunch.  It was a hugely successful day!  Tami got tons of orders from both shows.  The word is out!   



Cheers to Savvy Curls!  And check out www.savvycurls.com.  


No comments: