Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fifth Anniversary Staycation

Prepare to be jealous.  A couple of years ago, Wes and I decided to take turns planning our anniversary.  This year was Wes's turn.  Let's just say he knows his wife well.  Thanks to Groupon, he booked us a little Staycation at The Chateaux at Silver Lake in Deer Valley, complete with a fabulous dinner at La Cena, hot tubbing and a morning hike.  We even took a little time to watch our honeymoon video and pour over pictures from Volume II of our blog book that I recently completed.  We had a fantastic time reconnecting sans munchkins and couldn't have been happier leaving Park City.  Thank you, my love!


Our studio suite...beautiful/





That giant wooden rectangle in the middle of the wall was our bed.  What a delightful use of space! 


Wes snootily reading Park City Magazine...because only snooty people stay in rooms like this...



Happy wife = Happy life






I married this man.


How have I never noticed this adorable little bus stop?  Complete with wagon wheel bench and tile art.  







We took a tour of the Goldener Hirsch Inn, which is a nearly exact replica of the inn in Austria with the same name.  All of the decor has been imported from Austria, including the carpeting.  And look, a mirror above the bed!  


Wes no longer wonders where my mind was when I bought that antique French pitchfork...



Go to Deer Valley in the summer!  You don't know what you're missing. 


Dinner was fantastic.  We played a game where we each had to say what we were doing or thinking about in life for each year of our marriage.  I have a better memory than my husband.  





Edible anniversary dessert...divine.



This is how Wes found our robes.  


Not a bad view from the hot tub!





I woke up earlier than Wes (a rarity) and was ready to get hiking.  After dragging him out of bed, we had dinner leftovers for breakfast and started on our Silver Lake hike.




Yoga on the trial.


Wes attempting to do Eagle pose on the trail...


"Let's have a race, Rach!  Okay, on your mark, get set, GO!"  He got half-way up the mountain before he realized I hadn't moved. 





This last one if for my babies, who love to blow dandelion seeds into the air.  I'm not gonna lie, we kind of missed them.


None of this would have been possible without the help of MoMo and Grandpa, who stayed with our boys overnight.  Thank you so much!  


3 comments:

Tracie said...

You guys know how to live life. Happy Anniversary! Mikey is taking me to Lagoon for our tenth this summer. I know I know. Pathetic. But an amusement park is my dream vacation, and I am still bitter about last summer:) Happy Anniversary!

Tracie said...

Happy Anniversary! (Thought I would add one more for good measure.)

Papa John said...

Certainly our pleasure...for the rich and famous! My does Rachael look admiringly thin in her bathrobe standing next to Wes....