Monday, June 4, 2012

Still in My 20s

I told Wes I wanted a party bus with a stripper pole for my 29th birthday, and while I was only half joking, I did hope to celebrate the last year of my 20s in a 20-something way.  He totally came through.  I have to admit, I wouldn't have blamed him if he forgot to plan something for me this year.   A newborn tends to put a wrench in most plans.  But that didn't stop my Weston, who decided on a venue, arranged for a babysitter for BOTH kids (Grammy, of course), sent out the invites and managed to hide everything from his very observant yet unsuspecting wife.  We partied it up with most of my favorite local friends at Jupiter Bowl, possibly the poshest bowling ally in the universe.  Only in Park City!  The only way he could've topped it would've been to fly in my college friends for the evening.  I was, for the first time in months, giddy like a school girl.  











We left our kids at home, but couldn't resist our friends' kids.  A side of charging rhino thighs, anyone?  


Molly couldn't possibly be pregnant, could she?  Due in three days!  


And as if the night couldn't have been better, Wes topped things off with a delicious Pineapple Coconut Cake from Kneaders.  Don't mind if I do...


Thanks a ton, babe!  And for next year, your goal will be to prevent me from going into an early mid-life crisis.  Thirty, oy vey.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Your husband plans birthday parties for you? That is SO CUTE. Keep him. Happy 29 :)

Papa John said...

Swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Times!

Rachael Charles said...

30 is the new 17.. which makes me a sicko who probably should go to prison.

Rachael Charles said...

Err.. that last comment was me, and I am Wes. I approve of this message. Endorsed by the Wes Charles for sickos in prison campaign.