Monday, January 31, 2011

We Are Travelers.

This past week, Wes, Liam and I bit the bullet and flew to the Bay area to stay a week.  The last time we embarked on a major trip, I swore I wouldn't repeat the experience until Liam was a teenager, but we decided to give it one more shot.  To our great delight, Liam slept twelve hours per night and took three hour naps every day.  He was an angel child, from plane to pier to pack-n-play.  Perfect, except for the first morning he woke up in someone else's house...I dare say he was a bit disoriented...



We are eternally grateful to the Jensen family who put us up (and put up with us) for the entire week.  I should've known better than imposing a toddler on nearly-empty-nesters.  Even though Liam was heavenly, I think we'll fly solo next time around.  



One of my good college buddies, Eliot Davidoff and his girlfriend Amalia joined us for a little weekend toddler time.  Liam got to ride the Redwood Valley Railway steam engine train at Tilden Park, and was in heaven.  He kept repeating "choo choo!" over and over throughout the evening, and also "moose!" inexplicably.  We did not see any moose on our ride.  Maybe he missed Park City.





We enjoyed a beautiful San Francisco sunset from just outside Tilden and the Lewis Hall of Science. 






Naturally, I took about five bazillion pictures on our trip, so I will be dividing them into several posts.  

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Glad you had this experience altogether, and there is more to come...