Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zoo Rendezvous

This past Friday, Liam was able to experience Utah's Hogle Zoo.  There's nothing like depressed wild animals in captivity!  Well, that's our take on it (I hate zoos).  But I have to say, it is exciting seeing everything through a child's eyes.  Liam's zoo visit was a continuous string of empathic finger pointing while yelling "Aa-Doo!" and "Aa-Daa!" We have a good idea what that means...  I think he's finally realized that a monkey isn't just the green fuzzy toy he snuggles at home (aka Major Monkey).  



Liam wasn't a fan of the life-size elephant statue that makes honking sounds.  This is him completely FREAKED OUT.


And, less freaked out...


The new baby elephant loved playing with that ball.  Little does she know she'll be playing with it for a long time in that cage.  Poor girl.






Our little guy got sleepy towards the end of our visit, and became less and less interested in the animals.


Until the giraffe.





Things really picked up on his first carousel ride.  Go, wolf, go!  He loved rocking out to "Eye of the Tiger" as he flew up, down and around.


I used to have nightmares when I was little that huge gorillas were chasing me with the intent of having me for dinner.  Let's hope Liam stays this oblivious as long as possible.




A real-life choo-choo train!


Goodbye, zoo! 

3 comments:

The Allens said...

Rachel!

Liam is absolutely adorable! What a stud muffin!! I wanted to get your address for a baby shower invite. You can email me at aliseallen@gmail.com.

Looks like you and your little family are doing great. Hope all is well!

Papa John said...

What a joy to have all these first time experiences with Liam...and when he gets scared, he has his parents to love, hold and reassure him.

Unknown said...

It's a bit funny to see they kinds of faces and voices I make when I'm talking to Liam. I can't help but hear or see myself and think, "wow - that dude is weird." But at that moment, all I care about is that Liam hears or sees me and likes it.