Saturday, August 21, 2010

Garage Sailing

For those who know me, I am known as the neighborhood Garage Sailor.  I have a serious problem.  During the summer months, it takes everything in me to resist getting up on Saturday mornings a little before 8am to hit the streets looking for great deals.  Before about a year ago, I would have given anything to sleep in until 10 or maybe 11 on Saturdays.  But Park City has a secret that I have discovered, and it is called upper middle class spring cleaning...and I am SO there.  

Check out the latest finds.  Liam may have no idea what a pirate is, or a ship for that matter, but he's obsessed with this new $3 toy.  Just LOOK at that face.  And who wants to spend $50+ on something that will just get destroyed, anyway?  Thank you, Renee Dahl!  




Dueling pianos!  Liam is a huge fan of this new $4 garage sale find.  



And some other recent great finds...
Rustic Bench: $100


Wicker Rocking Chair: $10


Antique Latin American Altar: $100



Antique Arrowback Chair (pre-Civil War, upstate NY): $10


Child's Dining Set: $3


Happy hunting!

4 comments:

Papa John said...

Such good finds Rachael! In those earliest pictures, Liam's lookalike with that pirate hat on, has to be Hardy of Laurel and Hardy when he was just a kiddo?

Grammy said...

"Har-dee-har-har!!! Ho-hum, ho-hum... a Pirate's life for me... la la la la, la la la la laaaa!" What a HANDSOME "MATEY" that Sweet Baby Boy makes! All he needs now is a parrot on his shoulder!!! (Oh, I wanna smooch him!)

Grammy said...

Oh, and one more thing, Rach... You have EXCELLENT taste!!!... Hmmmm... Your Mother must have taught you well... TEE HEE!!! (Let's go shopping, HA!)

Megan said...

I'm a garage sale addict as well. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Park City garage sales! All my favorite furniture of Ty's (and his bedding, and the paintings on his walls) are from PCGS's. BTW...he is STINKING ADORABLE! Hope you guys are great!